Talk

Advanced search

Maternity policy is 'hidden'...but I need to see it!

(4 Posts)
JuniUmiZoomi Wed 01-Nov-17 12:30:18

I'm pregnant - this is my 2nd pregnancy with the same employer. With my first, they had a very generous policy which they were seeking to review about the time I went off. This is over three years ago and as far as I can tell they haven't done anything with it, apart from take it out of circulation. All policies to do with parental leave have been removed/hidden so I can't look at anything.

I'm reluctant to tell them I'm pregnant without seeing the policy first, and I'll be pissed off if they try to rush through a new policy without consultation etc to stop me getting the benefits of the previous one. I'm not really sure how to approach this, any ideas? Sadly, I don't seem to have retained a copy of the 'old' one from my previous pregnancy.

JuniUmiZoomi Wed 01-Nov-17 12:31:09

For reference, I'm the only one who has had children, man or woman, in the last five years.

flowery Wed 01-Nov-17 13:15:16

Enhanced maternity pay is often contractual - is there any reason to think it isn't?

Not sure how you could get a copy of the new policy without asking for it. My guess is there isn't a new policy they've just taken the old ones off line and haven't got round to agreeing new ones yet.

flowery Wed 01-Nov-17 13:15:49

Do you not have a copy of the letter you were issued informing your of what your maternity pay would be from last time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now