Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Perfect one sentence acceptance (

(9 Posts)
stoneagemum Sat 28-Oct-17 00:23:38

I have nominated an initiative at work for an industry award. It has been hinted to me that I may be the winner so will be accepting the award at an industry dinner/awards ceremony

The initiative is admin/Office based in a physical/skills based industry

How do I frame my acceptance sentence (speech) ?

BenLui Sat 28-Oct-17 00:31:14

How about something like this:

I would like to thank the Institution for this award, I am honoured to receive it. Working with x company is both inspiring and challenging and I would like to recognise my (talented/supportive/wonderful) colleagues/team/boss/mentor etc without whom I wouldn’t be here this evening.

RoderickRules Sat 28-Oct-17 00:32:39

Congratulate other nominees.
Thank the awarding body.

Look at fabulous acceptance speeches on you tube.

stoneagemum Sat 28-Oct-17 00:35:36

Ben you have it, I just need to do it in a few words as possible as it’s just my co that made it happen, but could be amazing for the industry

stoneagemum Sat 28-Oct-17 00:41:17

Drip feed, I have politics that I should adhere to and sexism I need to challenge without alienating my company.
I need to word this one line speech so well to get most impact

BenLui Sat 28-Oct-17 00:44:11

What sexism do you need to challenge? Might need a teeny bit more detail to help!

stoneagemum Sat 28-Oct-17 00:49:59

Total male dominated industry, the innovation streamlines the admin and information transfer, so the ‘admin/female’ area of the business.

stoneagemum Sat 28-Oct-17 00:56:23

The usual winners make the site physical work easier, not the back office get the work paid more efficient.
Making the physical safer and easier is always a good idea but sometimes what goes on in that back office has its positive effects to make the on site operations safer. It is difficult though have the back office work recognised when it is not obvious on site, but it does make a difference and it is twice a hard when you are viewed as not knowing a a female coz ‘you haven’t done it!’ Despite my quals etc

BenLui Sat 28-Oct-17 02:03:30

How about this:

I would like to thank the Institution for this award, I am honoured to receive it on behalf of all our wonderful team at ZZY Ltd. These innovations may take place behind the scenes but they have the potential to deliver valuable safety improvements across the industry and I appreciate the perspicacity of the committee in recognising the potential of this work. Thank you all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now