Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Civil Service Reserve list- anyone get offered a job?

(16 Posts)
BarbiesPinkShoes23 Wed 25-Oct-17 12:56:46

I recently applied for AO role within the Civil Service. I was really pleased to get my first interview in ages. Due to circumstances- one of my DC was in hospital, I wasn't as prepared as I would have liked for the interview.

I haven't been offered a job but placed on the reserve list for 12months incase a vacancy becomes available. Given the circumstances and it's not the type of job I've ever done before I'm pleased to have even passed the interview.

I don't want to get my hopes up, so just wondering has anyone on the reserve list been offered a job at a later date? Thanks.

Purpleball Wed 25-Oct-17 12:59:49

Yes I did but it was 1991. I don’t know if it’s the same now

BarbiesPinkShoes23 Wed 25-Oct-17 19:54:19

Thanks for your reply purpleball. Bumping for evening crowd.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Wed 25-Oct-17 19:58:28

Yes, I work with several colleagues who were on a reserve list in multiple roles. Most were approached within weeks. HEO roles and whatever the one below is, I'm sorry, I can never remember the letters!!

Good luck.

Siouxsie76 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:02:27

Yes, I work in the Civil Service and candidates on the reserve list are regularly offered roles. Good luck!

ChickensGoBoak Wed 25-Oct-17 20:02:28

Lots of people (in my area of the business anyway!) come in via the reserve list. For our team, recruitment and DBS checks take an age, by which time the favored individual will have often taken something else.

I'd say you have the best chance if there were multiple posts/lots of candidates, as the extended interview process delays things, and that can also lead to drop-outs.

Good luck!

BarbiesPinkShoes23 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:41:36

Thanks for your replies everyone. There were several hundred posts UK wide so around 50 for my area, so maybe I still have a chance

hardworkharriet Thu 26-Oct-17 10:32:03

It depends on the dept and area but yes, most people get stuck on. A reserve list for a bit before being offered a post.

flyingpigsinclover Thu 26-Oct-17 10:33:10

Yes but it was years ago. I turned it down.

ronswansonstache Thu 26-Oct-17 13:03:39

I was placed on a reserve list for an EO post and was offered a job off the back of it about 4-5 months later! This was in 2003.

Polarbearflavour Thu 26-Oct-17 19:03:31

I was offered a job in London (EO) from a reserve list from a job a couple of months ago but as my personal circumstances have changed I’m not taking it.

emwithme Thu 26-Oct-17 19:14:38

I have my current job because the person who had it before me had their reserve list (from 11 months before) come up.

tissuesosoft Thu 26-Oct-17 19:16:01

I was put on a reserve list in September and I'm now starting in December.

BarbiesPinkShoes23 Thu 26-Oct-17 19:23:16

Thanks for all the positive stories. Tbf I'm probably quite far down the list. I got 5,4,4,4 so a 4 overall; I'm not that bothered with the score just happy to have passed the interview since it was my first in so long.

Dinosauratemydaffodils Thu 26-Oct-17 19:31:11

Yep. Was interviewed for a job, they told me I did well but that I should be looking at higher grades. Didn't mention the reserve list or anything.

About 2 months later I got a phone call asking if I was still looking for a job and would I be interested in starting the following week. The position was a grade higher than the one I interviewed for so I jumped at the chance. That was mid 2000s.

Ditsy1980 Thu 26-Oct-17 20:11:57

DB did, interviewed in May, got a phone call end of September and starts next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now