Talk

Advanced search

Body odour

(5 Posts)
WotADilemma Wed 25-Oct-17 11:17:09

NC for this

Interviewed a person who came across well but they had extremely bad body odour

They would be working in close proximity to a lot of people and going to clients houses. The interview room smelt for a while after the person left. Which concerns me.

I have worked with people before who had this problem and it isn’t pleasant for everyone to else and is a very sensitive subject to try and approach.

I don’t want to cause a problem for the rest of my team but seems a shame for this person.

I am leaning towards the “thanks but no thanks” but does anyone have any experience.

butterfly56 Wed 25-Oct-17 11:34:09

I used to work with young people who had various problems with getting into work.
I had a couple of people who even if they were told quite candidly that they needed to shower every day and take more care with their personal hygiene would not/could not be relied on to do it.
They lost their work placements because they refused to take care of their personal hygiene in a way that was acceptable to the employer and employees.

AgentProvocateur Wed 25-Oct-17 11:55:17

It would be a “thanks, but no thanks” from me too.

WotADilemma Thu 26-Oct-17 18:55:09

Thank you for your replies.

We sent them a “thanks but no thanks” response

It did make me wonder if they couldn’t smell themselves? It was quite overpowering sad

MrsDc7 Thu 26-Oct-17 18:56:24

It's a shame but unfortunately you have a responsibility to your current employees as well to not put them in an unpleasant working environment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now