Talk

Advanced search

Pay query NHS

(13 Posts)
BLACKTUESDAY1 Tue 24-Oct-17 08:08:17

I started a new job in NHS admin and payday is tomorrow. I have checked what's going in the bank and it's less than I thought but I don't have a payslip yet. I started with a week left in September and this pay tomorrow will be for the whole of October. I assumed I would get a full month plus the week in September but I've only taken home a few pounds over a normal full month. Any ideas??

Nanasueathome Tue 24-Oct-17 08:20:58

Have you checked tax code?

BLACKTUESDAY1 Tue 24-Oct-17 08:24:34

Not yet but I sent in my P45 which was recent and valid 5 weeks ago so hopefully they should have sorted the tax code

bastardkitty Tue 24-Oct-17 08:25:54

Have you factored in the pension contribution?

furryelephant Tue 24-Oct-17 08:27:19

Yes pensions, car parking if applicable used to come out of my payslip, did they say your DBS payment would be taken out if applicable too?

GreatStar Tue 24-Oct-17 08:29:07

I thought nhs pay was paid on the 3rd last working day of the month?

PonderLand Tue 24-Oct-17 08:30:45

Different trusts pay on different days, any enhancements (unsocial hours or overtime) go on the month after.

NewDaddie Tue 24-Oct-17 08:32:42

Nhs (ESR system) pays current month up to the end of the calendar month. So yes September & whole of October

Slartybartfast Tue 24-Oct-17 08:34:45

do you owe tax?
are you paying into pension?
are you at work today? the pay slips tend to come on time ime

DadsDeserveBacon Tue 24-Oct-17 08:43:48

Probably just best to wait for your payslip there’s at least half a dozen things that might not be right or you could’ve miscalculated yourself

BLACKTUESDAY1 Tue 24-Oct-17 08:45:19

I sent in the pension opt out form with P45 so they should have got that in good time. No DBS and car parking minimal. I'm back in tomorrow so hopefully my payslip will be there then. Just relying on this pay and now a lot less than expected if it's right. My trust pay on the last Wednesday of every month

Toohardtofindaproperusername Tue 24-Oct-17 08:50:38

Call Hr dept. No one on here can tell you but your hr dept can.

BLACKTUESDAY1 Tue 24-Oct-17 09:08:40

Yes I'll ring payroll tomorrow. I just wondered if I may have been working it out wrong with the extra week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now