Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Disciplinary Warning

(9 Posts)
littlecat10 Wed 18-Oct-17 11:07:57

Just looking for some advice. I currently have a disciplinary warning on my record which won't expire until next year (I was bullied and set up, but hard to prove that when it's two against one).
I have been offered an interview for another job and know that this warning will have to be disclosed on my reference.
I'm wondering if I should discuss this at interview so as to be completely transparent, or if it's not worth even bothering pursuing the potential new job at all as the likely outcome will be that any offer is withdrawn as a result of the warning.
Not sure where to go with this and it's causing me some considerable worry.

flowery Wed 18-Oct-17 11:13:21

Why are you so confident it will need to be disclosed? Many employers give very little detail on references now, and only confirm dates of employment etc

2014newme Wed 18-Oct-17 11:14:24

Is the new job within the same firm? As otherwise your new employer is highly unlikely to ask about disciplinary warnings so I would not disclose it

tessieandoz Wed 18-Oct-17 11:16:10

What 2014newme said

littlecat10 Wed 18-Oct-17 11:16:39

I work in the NHS. I believe the standard reference requests sent out to managers include a question regarding any disciplinary action, warnings or investigations that the prospective employee is currently involved in.

daisychain01 Wed 18-Oct-17 21:04:13

Why not go along for the interview, see how things go and only if you are offered the job, at that point deal with your HR record.

Depending on the nature of the Disciplinary maybe your current management would see their way to removing it now, if it is time-limited, to enable you to move forward positively.

I’m not expecting you to disclose confidential information here, but was it something that could easily be taken off your record, if it only has significance in your current role, but is less critical to an outside company?

Hopefully they aren’t draconian about it.

retirednow Thu 19-Oct-17 09:14:41

Read your application carefully. Does it ask if you have any disciplinary action against you by current employer or a governing body if you are 'registered' with anyone. Was it something that vwould affect your job.

littlecat10 Thu 19-Oct-17 09:21:13

Thanks daisychain

It doesn't have any impact on my ability to do my job or anything of a safety, trust, honesty nature etc. I can only describe it as a personal jibe - a couple of people who don't particularly like me ganging up and trying to cause trouble. So in that respect it has no bearing on any future job.

littlecat10 Thu 19-Oct-17 10:20:20

retired now
The application form itself only asks for the applicant to disclose any criminal convictions (of which I have none), it does not ask for any disciplinary or registration type matters to be disclosed at that point.

It is the reference sent out to the current manager, pending successful interview, which then asks if there are any current warnings, investigations or other disciplinary matters on the employees file.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now