Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ever worked for Nurture Care Agency? (Nottingham/Derby) [Healthcare Support]

(4 Posts)
km3ich Thu 12-Oct-17 12:50:33

Hello everyone, this is my first post here smile

I've been looking for any sort of experiences or opinions on Nurture Care agency in Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire you might have as I'm about to accept their job offer.

Why I'm asking for opinions is basically because they haven't given me any details on shifts or how many hours per day will I be put on, will I have a nurse next to me or will I be alone.. I basically don't know anything yet except what sort of work can I be expecting, and that would be taking care of babies up to young adults in their own homes while supporting the family in need of care. And all of that makes me a bit anxious.

I'd be very grateful if anyone would comment with their experience of working there as I really like my old job and am quite secure there but kinda want to try something new? Young and crazy? I don't know

Thanks! smile

earlybirdhasanap Thu 12-Oct-17 13:09:33

I don't know anything about that agency but my experience of private care wasn't great.
I only got paid for the time I was in people's houses. Ten minutes here, twenty minutes there. The calls always took longer than they allocated you but they didn't pay for you to stay longer to do a proper job.
I didn't work shifts but had calls throughout the day from 6am to late evening with big gaps in between. So a few breakfast calls, lunch, tea time and bedtime. I did this six days a week.
Financially I had all the running costs of a car. The mileage paid didn't even cover my petrol costs. In the end, I left to get a minimum wage coffee shop job and was better off.
This was six years ago though. Things may have changed but I doubt it with the cuts to social care budgets.
I'd say if you like your current job be very wary.
Obviously I do not know this company or their terms of contract. You could be working proper shifts and paid fairly but I think you need to be asking how they pay etc.
The fact that you've been offered a job but no one has explained the working hours or set up to you is a red flag to me.

earlybirdhasanap Thu 12-Oct-17 13:18:19

Although a quick google of the company says they do a minimum of two hour calls which is a lot better than the company I worked for.
As it's supporting children it looks like the shifts will be longer and you will probably be spending several hours with each child/family which would reduce the chances of a lot of the problems I faced.
My first post was quite negative and I will add that caring for people doesn't pay well but I found it a really enjoyable job. If you like people and have that temperament it's great. I'm now a nurse and care work gave me a good foundation in personal care and communicating with people you're caring for.

bancroftjulie47 Thu 12-Oct-17 15:10:21

Hi km3ich
I work for NurtureCare and we are really sorry that your experience so far has been disappointing to you. Please call the office and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have however, this can be limited by the need to maintain client confidentiality which I am sure you can appreciate due to the vulnerability of the clients we work with.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Julie Bancroft

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now