Talk

Advanced search

Applied for Vol work

(3 Posts)
gg1234 Fri 06-Oct-17 00:23:17

So I applied for vol work and told them that I cant commit for 1 year as a since I am not sure about my move of place .After a while I gave a thought to it and both me and my DH came to conclusion that we shall not be moving place atleast for 1 year .The very next day I gave them a call saying that I can vol since our plans have changed and so now I get from them a mail saying that they cant take me as a vol at school due to uncertainty of my commitment of 1 year.In what else way can I say to them that I can commit and ofcourse its a vol work and things may change .DONT you think they are being very unreasonable ?.

Regards

Gg

daisychain01 Fri 06-Oct-17 05:18:24

They probably don't want the disruption of people coming and going, especially in a school. When you said you couldn't make the commitment they have exercised their right to decline your offer. It isn't a charity, it's a school and they probably have their own priorities around stability. Is there training involved - if so they need to know the person is going to be worth the investment. Just guessing

Could you volunteer in a charity or NPO instead?

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 06-Oct-17 05:45:27

I don't think they are being unreasonable if they have other strong candidates lined up. You do sound a bit flaky-one minute you're saying one thing and the next another. Even in voluntary roles, they will want a reliable person.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now