Something or nothing?

(5 Posts)
Workingonthemoon Mon 02-Oct-17 18:27:30

I am working my notice. Over a month to go.
I'm workimg away from my normal team because I couldn't continue the work I was doing eith clients and they wouldn't give me gardening leave.
I've been working in this new team for 3 months. They've been happy with my work and the work is due to end around the same time I leave.
Nothing to do with old team or work.
Met with my normal manager last week as part of the normal working out notice process. Was meant to meet again 4 days before my last day.
Got a sudden letter today from him. V formal with half of HR cc'd in. Stating we WILL be meeting Wednesday to discuss "working responsibilities" until I leave. Two or three HR reps seem to be attending as well as manager. It's always just been one previously.
No hope getting union there at that notice so I will be by myself.
It's been tough these last few months with lots of underhand stuff going on so I am really paranoid.
I don't understand the sudden urgency and formality or why so much HR.
Manager ignoring me so I can't ask and HR would just refer me to him.
Help?

OP’s posts: |
daisychain01 Mon 02-Oct-17 19:15:49

What am I missing here?

If you're serving notice, why do you need to be worried? Is there a back story....has there been bullying?

Workingonthemoon Mon 02-Oct-17 19:49:41

Yes to bullying which is why I'm leaving. Not by the manager but he has turned a blind eye.

daisychain01 Mon 02-Oct-17 22:01:03

Can you ask if a colleague can join the meeting with you, for some support, if you're worried?

Workingonthemoon Mon 02-Oct-17 23:03:40

No. Sadly not. The people who know what has gone on have distanved themselves from me. They still work in my old team and they are keeping their heads down. I'm hurt but I guess I understand why. I know one of them has been told not to contact me.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in