Immature oversexed boss

(22 Posts)
IrritatedUser1960 Mon 04-Sep-17 08:00:00

As per title, don't think he actually dares to touch me because I am older and unpredictable and have had previous jobs in security/prison so he knows he could end up face down on the carpet if he touched me, but other female members of staff have had bottoms slapped, fake sex up against the kitchen counter, constant tedious sexual innuendos, pissing with toilet door open while talking to you, and so on all day long.
We are all self employed with no contracts, it's not my main job so I could leave if I wanted but the other staff rely on their jobs there.
He owns the business.
Not sure how to approach this - we have all told him we find it too much and he is repentant before going back to usual behaviour.
I am looking for another 2nd job to fill the day I work there as I'm finding all of this too tedious to deal with any more but was wondering if anything can be done in this situation where the boss is the owner and the staff are unemployed with no contracts.
i don't think it is acceptable for a boss to behave like this.

OP’s posts: |
AlternativeTentacle Mon 04-Sep-17 08:01:53

What the fuck?

newdaylight Mon 04-Sep-17 08:03:23

Police?

IrritatedUser1960 Mon 04-Sep-17 08:17:07

That should have said employed with no contracts.

Rainybo Mon 04-Sep-17 08:20:13

Support your colleagues and when you next see him doing something to one of them put him face down on the floor, tell him never to touch a woman like that again and then walk out if you're not reliant on the job.

ChilliMary Mon 04-Sep-17 08:27:51

Oh no!! He can't be doing that. Is there some sort of HR department/person that this could be reported to?

demirose87 Mon 04-Sep-17 08:31:06

That's awful.There must be someone he can be reported to, surely even if he owns the business. I would hope so anyway because that is unacceptable and sexual harrassment, even if he thinks it's in a jokey way.

titchy Mon 04-Sep-17 08:43:27

Present a united front and tell him if he does any of the following (give him a list) you will be reporting him to the police for sexual assault.

Are you and your colleagues employed or self employed (regardless of the contract situation)? That makes a difference.

titchy Mon 04-Sep-17 08:44:43

Employed then a tribunal is an option. Maybe a class action? Or all of you sit on the floor and stop work if he does something untoward.

AlternativeTentacle Mon 04-Sep-17 08:44:56

self employed, as in the first post.

Iris65 Mon 04-Sep-17 08:49:53

He is sexually abusive and using his position to abuse those who work in the same area.
He is also creating an abusive atmosphere for those around. This means that even if he is not doing to you, because you are witnessing it you can make a complaint to the police.

RandomMess Mon 04-Sep-17 08:59:47

Covert video evidence and report to police?

RandomMess Mon 04-Sep-17 09:01:19

You don't need a contract the fact they work and get paid can constitute a contract. Any legal cover on your house insurance? Speak to police and ask what evidence you would need?

titchy Mon 04-Sep-17 09:16:51

Second post corrects self employed....

Maudlinmaud Mon 04-Sep-17 09:23:45

Have a very frank conversation with him involving the rest of the staff. Then teach the other women some self defence techniques and warn him that force will be used if he tries anything again.

Boatmistress17 Mon 04-Sep-17 09:26:31

Super soaker?

Stellato Mon 04-Sep-17 09:30:33

That's horrific behaviour. It must be horrible working there.

It starts with evidence if you want to do anything official about it, as what he's doing is a crime. And I agree with the PPs about telling him to stop it, although I know that in an unequal power relationship that's easier said than done.

CAB or Rape Crisis can help with advice if colleagues want to talk to someone.
www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/discrimination/what-are-the-different-types-of-discrimination/sexual-harassment/
rapecrisis.org.uk/sexualharassment.php

Picklesandpies Mon 04-Sep-17 19:45:49

Can you film some of this behaviour as evidence?

IrritatedUser1960 Mon 04-Sep-17 19:46:59

He seems to think he is being funny and can get away with that but to be honest it's a bit rapey and desperate.

abigailgabble Mon 04-Sep-17 20:04:03

statutory law overrides any contract whether it exists in writing or is implied. no one should be tolerating that.

Timefortea99 Mon 04-Sep-17 20:50:44

Set up webcams, record, report.

devilinme Mon 04-Sep-17 20:52:33

Aside from his appalling behaviour HMRC may be interested in the self employed/no contract - they take a dim view of this set up these days

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in