How many maternity leaves did you take with employer?

(7 Posts)
lillipe83 Sun 03-Sep-17 22:07:55

How many maternity leaves did you take with one employer? I have two children. I have had one maternity leave with my current employer. I think I might want two more children. Should I feel guilty over having them and impact it has on the company? The company is private, pretty big so financial impact for them wouldn't be big deal but if I went ahead had two more kids got my full maternity pay and then potentially wanted to cut down my hours should I feel guilty about that?

OP’s posts: |
dontsufferfools Sun 03-Sep-17 22:12:50

I've had 4!

Never occured to me to feel guilty. Thinking back, I felt bad about the pressure on colleagues if they chose not to cover me while I was away ( have worked in several different depts) but didnt feel guilt for the company IYSWIM.

Saywhatyousea Mon 04-Sep-17 21:52:01

Yes I see you what mean. I'm not sure why I do. I just feel like they prob think god wonder when she is finished but I guess everyone does it don't they. They kind of expect you to have 2 and either stop or give up work.

Buck3t Tue 05-Sep-17 06:25:30

I took one per employer. Lucky that enhanced mar leave was introduced for both jobs each time I was preggers. The clause in both were you can have two enhanced mat leaves, thereafter statutory.

Don't think you need to feel guilty.

Saywhatyousea Tue 05-Sep-17 13:18:23

Thanks. Always good to get another's perspective. smile

Millybingbong Tue 05-Sep-17 19:14:13

3 and I got a new job at the end of the third so didn't go back.

Moanyoldcow Fri 08-Sep-17 22:48:04

Do they pay occupational maternity on top of SMP? If not, the financial burden is minor as 92% is reclaimed from HMRC.

I don't think there's anything to feel guilty about.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in