Zero - 37.5 hours contract??

(5 Posts)
Trampoline11 Thu 10-Aug-17 12:45:56

AIBU to be cautious about signing a contract which states 0-37.5 hours a week? I only want 16 which I made clear on initial application and telephone interview.

I'd be really grateful for any help with this. Thanks

OP’s posts: |
ginswinger Thu 10-Aug-17 12:49:54

Yes, I would ask for an amendment.

flowery Thu 10-Aug-17 13:11:32

What hours were advertised? You say what you wanted, but is that what you applied for? Did the manager interviewing you confirm that the hours you wanted would be fine?

Trampoline11 Thu 10-Aug-17 13:18:42

Advert said flexible hours - it's a care worker post - never done it before but I fancied a change. When he rang me, after he introduced himself etc he said 'so you're looking for 16 hours yes?' I emailed the following day asking if he could confirm what the days and hours were, and he answered another question, but not that one. Btw - really grateful for information. I may be over reacting but want to be sure

OP’s posts: |
flowery Thu 10-Aug-17 14:53:33

It's not a case of overreacting, just making sure your contract is accurate. I would suggest giving them a ring and confirming that 16 hours were discussed in the interview, and asking for the contract to be amended to reflect that.

It's just as likely to be an error, if the interviewing manager was fine about the 16 hours.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in