Help need to choose between 2 job offers!!

(5 Posts)
Laffy29 Fri 04-Aug-17 11:57:30

Hi

I've hit a decision making wall.

I've moved to the country to be with my partner from a big city where jobs are not a problem, however, here it has taken me 8 months to get a job offer and now I have 2!! Both are with the NHS one is working towards my dream job doing admin for HR but is only covering a secondment for 12 months the other is a permanent healthcare assistant.

So here's my pros and cons for the HR job

Towards my end goal but as its only 12 months m-f 9-5 and concerned I may take ages to get another job again, slightly further away and opportunities for this sort of work are a bit limited here.

The healthcare assistant role

Closer and permanent but I have to work nights every 12 weeks which I've never done before. But every time you work a set of nights you get a week off so equivalent of having 11 weeks holiday a year instead of 7.

Please can I have your opinions.

Thanks in advance

OP’s posts: |
KindleBueno Fri 04-Aug-17 19:23:09

9-5. Night shifts are absolutely brutal.

Bubwiser Wed 09-Aug-17 09:23:47

The 12 months contract. Perhaps at the end of the 12 months, you may get your contract renewed or be offered a permanent role. Plus it's your dream job, and the experience will be great for your future career. What about the salary between the two roles? A marked difference?

Laffy29 Wed 09-Aug-17 09:45:30

Thanks ladies. Both are exactly the same pay. But me and DH want to try for a baby asap once I have a job again, so I've made the decision to go for the perm role just so I know we have more financial security down the line.

OP’s posts: |
MaverickSnoopy Wed 09-Aug-17 10:06:43

Are you happy with your decision?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in