Not Paid

(3 Posts)
MrsWoodall83 Tue 01-Aug-17 20:45:36

Hi all,
I started a new job 4 weeks ago due to relocation and today was meant to be payday. Checked my account this morning and nothing, mentioned to my boss (small business only 5 staff members) and he spoke to the one that does the payroll and was told it would be sorted. It's now almost 9pm and no contact from him and no pay! I feel really awkward about this and I suffer with anxiety which is making it worst! What should I do?

OP’s posts: |
daisychain01 Wed 02-Aug-17 02:29:02

Firstly check your offer letter to see if it mentions the day in the month you are due to be paid, just so you have the facts.

Check your bank account (either balance check at ATM or online banking) first thing on 2/Aug to be certain the funds haven't appeared overnight.

If still no funds, email the payroll dept cc your boss -

Dear Payroll please can you confirm the day of the month my wages are meant to be paid? I have checked my bank account and the funds haven't appeared yet. Thanks."

Doing it in writing covers you in case this becomes a bigger problem. If no reply can you go and see payroll face to face, and say you have bills to pay!

daisychain01 Wed 02-Aug-17 12:18:16

Did your wages get paid? Fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in