Bullying at work has left me to want to leave...want to l leave asap

(15 Posts)
BillyDaveysDaughter Wed 26-Jul-17 07:44:24

Oh I know that feeling. GOOD LUCK - countdown begins!

tissuesosoft Wed 26-Jul-17 07:40:54

Good luck! flowers You'll be fine, just think of the countdown (days, hours etc) you can start doing until you leave.

roselover11 Tue 25-Jul-17 20:47:25

Letter written out

Feeling nervous now
Back at work first thing
Wish we luck
Thanks peeps

OP’s posts: |
ginnystonic Tue 25-Jul-17 20:45:29

I would be telling them that in light of the fact that you have been bullied and not been required to sign a contract, and that you are owed X days leave, you will be taking 2 weeks notice.

roselover11 Tue 25-Jul-17 15:46:21

Yeah I thought that actually
Just wanted some advice before I went in tomorrow

I know what you mean that I can still go ahead with the complaint
But this women is so terrible that I think even management are worried
She is a black lady and she has previously told them that she will get the company sued ? But the thing is that doesn't meant anything to me as I haven't been and would never be racist so I'm not sure what her point is? She is the bully!
The team have said that she uses intimidation to get people to feel afraid of her yet they are not willing to get involved so if I go ahead with my complaint they will be interviewing the rest of my team and now they are worried ?! So I just want to leave
I've tried to let management sort it out but it's been going on since xmas
They even pursuaded me not to go ahead with it due to too much paperwork! Honestly it's so bad

flowery Tue 25-Jul-17 15:25:20

If you haven't had a contract saying your notice period is a month then it isn't a month.

In the absence of a contractual notice period you only need to give a week see here

If you give them two weeks you are doing them a favour, not the other way round.

AmIAWeed Tue 25-Jul-17 14:58:55

I would be open and honest with HR about your reasons for leaving. You could certainly still take out a grievance against the woman and resign at the same time and request early leave.
If you worked with me I'd want time to resolve the issues before you leave, especially as office bullies usually just turn their attention to someone else but if they aren't the best employers they may allow you to go early in return for dropping the grievance

Advertisement

roselover11 Tue 25-Jul-17 14:55:29

Oh great didn't know that
Thank you 😁
Then I shall ask for my leave to be added on and see if they will agree to 2 wks
Thanks

DitheringDiva Tue 25-Jul-17 14:54:04

You can be employed by 2 people at the same time - I've worked for 3 employers this summer, all at the same time. Nightmare for tax, but there's no law against it.

roselover11 Tue 25-Jul-17 14:53:50

I know it's a month as thats what everyone else contract said
I had to email hr to ask what my notice is and they said to sign the contract asap as they've just noticed they hasn't sent me one! I then decided not to as I was job hunting and didn't want to shoot myself in to foot
Yes I'll talk to them tomorrow and just simply ask if I can work 2 wks
They won't be happy I know
But then again I'm not either and the women on my team who management fail to manage has led me to this decision

DitheringDiva Tue 25-Jul-17 14:51:25

Talk to your current employers. There's usually some leeway. If you don't have a contract, how do you know that your notice is 1 month? It might only be 1 week anyway.

I've been bullied at work before, and it's not pleasant, so I can see where you're coming from, but if at all possible, try to do what is right by both employers. You never know if your future path will cross with people who work with your current employer.flowers

roselover11 Tue 25-Jul-17 14:51:17

I thought that I couldn't be employed for two people at the same time?
So taking a week of leave I couldn't start my new job?
Although I'm part time so I could fit both in if that makes sense
As io my work half the week

roselover11 Tue 25-Jul-17 14:49:17

Thank you I'm very pleased after lots of knock backs - yay

Umm I'm not entirely sure what I have left tbh
I have some booked at the end of Aug so I won't use that if I get let go early

tissuesosoft Tue 25-Jul-17 14:47:41

Congratulations on the new job!
Do you have any holiday days owed? You could negotiate adding that into the notice period

roselover11 Tue 25-Jul-17 14:44:34

Please can someone help
Also posted in another topic weeks ago about a lady at work who has been very difficult to work with
I'm in the middle of putting in a greivance but as the atmosphere is so bad I've decided it's probably better to just leave
So after constant job hunting I've been offered a new job today

Long story short I CANNOT stay where i am and work with this bully of a women

My new job know I have to work a month but they've asked if there is any movement
As much as I don't want to leave them in the lurch if I stay any longer I'm worried it will make me more anxious
I just want to leave and start my new job
They've asked if I could ask them if I could work 2 wks
I never signed a contact
I don't think that's the point as morally I know I should work my notice but under the circs I think given them 2 wks is something?
I'm maybe handing my notice in tomorrow so please can someone help?thank you

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in