New job not what I thought

(2 Posts)
BLACKTUESDAY1 Sun 11-Jun-17 08:46:45

I started a new job last week (NHS admin) I've been with the Trust for a number of years but my old job was horrendous as staff cut backs made it impossible. I was therefore delighted to get this post as it is a higher band and I thought would be something I enjoy. It's only been a week but I can tell immediately it's not for me for a number of reasons. The bits of the job I was looking forward to doing are done by somebody else and they have put me the parts of the job that no one else wants as they decided that would be best. I suffer with anxiety and have been told I will be required to do presentations which I can't begin to contemplate. Dreading tomorrow and really don't know what to do. I would be far happier in a lower band role with less responsibility. I think I have to give 2months notice shock

OP’s posts: |
daisychain01 Sun 11-Jun-17 09:13:56

I would give it more time, things change and just because you've arrived in the job and someone else is doing some tasks today, that's not to say that situation won't change in future.

Could you ask to get involved in those tasks you like anyway so that you can be backup when they are absent? That's the best way to show you want to expand your experience.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in