Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Made stupid mistakes on application form...resubmit?

(17 Posts)
MyMorningHasBroken Sat 10-Jun-17 17:45:06

Hi, I did an application late last night when I knew i was really tired sad
It's something I've been interested in for a long time and I'm really gutted I've made grammatical mistakes in my written answers.
Should I just leave it and hope for the best or resubmit another form?

OlennasWimple Sat 10-Jun-17 17:47:23

I can't see how you can re-submit without drawing attention to the mistakes, I'm afraid.

Depends on what you are applying for whether they will notice / hold it against you

Asmoto Sat 10-Jun-17 17:50:29

I would re-submit and explain that I unintentionally sent the first form before proof-reading it. I find mistakes in application forms off-putting (especially if the applicant has boasted of their 'attention to detail') although I do work in an area where a high standard of literacy is important.

MyMorningHasBroken Sat 10-Jun-17 17:51:14

I'm sure they will notice sad
It's for a Probation Service Officer post so written skills are important for writing reports I'd imagine.

MyMorningHasBroken Sat 10-Jun-17 17:51:20

I'm sure they will notice sad
It's for a Probation Service Officer post so written skills are important for writing reports I'd imagine.

MyMorningHasBroken Sat 10-Jun-17 17:52:59

I haven't spoken about my attention to detail Asmoto (thankfully!)

Asmoto Sat 10-Jun-17 17:56:07

I wasn't getting at you there, OP! I think you obviously do pay attention to detail or you wouldn't be thinking of resending the form. I would take it as a definite positive that someone had bothered to send a corrected version of the form, but I'm in the private sector so have no idea of how recruitment works in your field.

MyMorningHasBroken Sat 10-Jun-17 18:01:24

That's Ok Asmoto, I know you weren't. I totally agree anyway. I'm just kicking myself! sad
Maybe I will try what you said. At least it means I've realised the mistakes I've made! grin

Ditsy1980 Sat 10-Jun-17 18:04:37

I would resend.
Either acknowledge that you hadn't proof-read it or just submit again and if anything is ever said just say "oh I wasn't sure if it sent the first time".

Asmoto Sat 10-Jun-17 18:05:07

I don't see that you have anything to lose - it can't count against you. The worst that could happen would be them deciding they could only accept your first attempt, in which case you're no worse off.

MyMorningHasBroken Sat 10-Jun-17 18:09:02

Thanks both, I will. I will not accept defeat!

Asmoto Sat 10-Jun-17 18:10:40

Good luck - hope you get an interview smile

MyMorningHasBroken Sat 10-Jun-17 18:21:38

Thank you smile

Cakescakescakes Sat 10-Jun-17 18:28:28

I filled in an online application once for my dream job. I only noticed the ad 1hr before the deadline so had to type it really fast. I hit submit just in time then re-read my application and it was littered with spelling and grammar mistakes. It was for a management level public sector job. I was mortified. I was called for interview and apologises and explained at interview.

I got the job smile

MyMorningHasBroken Sun 11-Jun-17 20:54:22

Aw- well done Cakes - that makes me feel better smile
I couldn't do the application again without registering all over again with a different email and name so I emailed them explaining and asking if I could do another one.
Not heard back yet (weekend), but hope to soon.

Redcliff Sun 11-Jun-17 21:59:06

I used to hire PSOs andi wouldn't have let one mistake on a form put me off. Good luck

MyMorningHasBroken Mon 12-Jun-17 22:06:49

Thank You Redcliff. Good news.
I emailed them and they emailed back today saying it wasn't a problem and they've put my application back into edit mode. (it's an online app)
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now