Talk

Advanced search

NHS band 3 salaries - anyone understand the points system??

(13 Posts)
Bananajam Fri 02-Jun-17 17:55:13

I have just changed jobs, I've worked 8 years for the nHS and have moved from a GP practice to the local hospital. The pay banding advertised was £16,800 to £19,655 full time, my working hours are 35pw. Anyone know what my salary should be?? I have just received my contract, a month late due to the first one being incorrect but this one looks wrong too! Either that or I've just taken almost a £2k drop in salary a year confused

Ginmakesitallok Fri 02-Jun-17 17:58:29

We're you on agenda for change terms and conditions at the gps?

Ginmakesitallok Fri 02-Jun-17 17:59:07

Were not we're !

Bananajam Fri 02-Jun-17 18:01:14

Yes I was, I knew it would be slightly less as I've dropped a massive 2 & 1/2 hours a week but not by that much!!

Gingernaut Fri 02-Jun-17 18:02:39

It sounds like you've dropped to the bottom of the Band 3 pay point.

Bananajam Fri 02-Jun-17 18:07:33

Ok, so if where it says current salary it states current salary band 3 by increments from £a to £b, should I be expecting £a or £b?? In accordance with the agreement relating to my band? If it's £b the it's £30 less which is fine and what I was expecting!

Bananajam Fri 02-Jun-17 18:07:56

Sorry, that's a bit garbled!!

Sofabitch Fri 02-Jun-17 18:11:56

As them. You can negotiate to start higher up if it would mean a pay cut

PossomInAPearTree Fri 02-Jun-17 18:12:24

Were you on band 3 previously? If so you should have moved I've in the same point on the band 3 ladder....so same money per hour. It's nit unusual for payroll to mess this up, ring them on Monday.

Bananajam Fri 02-Jun-17 18:17:05

Thanks all, I queried it when the first contract arrived but this is supposed to be correct! Just don't know which amount I should be expecting..

MadisonMontgomery Fri 02-Jun-17 18:22:02

I have found they usually start you on the bottom of the pay band unless you were already on a higher point with agenda for change - and as far as I'm aware GP practices don't qualify? You should have got a starting letter confirming your salary point, what does that say?

Bananajam Fri 02-Jun-17 18:30:50

They have agreed my previous service as we were on agenda for change which I know is unusual for GP surgeries. It does state point 8 on the contract which would make it the higher figure but the wording is confusing

ThePinkOcelot Fri 02-Jun-17 19:11:44

My Trust will not start anyone on anything other than the bottom of the band unless coming from another nhs trust. GP surgery not classed as such.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: