Talk

Advanced search

Just sent a spam email round the team! Shit!

(4 Posts)
MrsMuddlePluck Thu 01-Jun-17 20:41:04

Stupidly, i sent on an email that could in reality be if not just spam, a virus. I have recalled what i can but some will have been sent. Ive sent an immediate "please delete" email so hopefully nothing will happen apart from a slap on the wrist.

Can I delete emails from someone elses mailbox to make doubly sure? If it gets round too many people it could b a disciplinary offence.

PossibiliTea Fri 02-Jun-17 01:35:57

How did you get on with this? Sorry I've only just seen it my advice would have been just tell IT straight away see what they could do?

daisychain01 Fri 02-Jun-17 05:14:14

This is one of those situations where I'd come clean with your line manager, tell them what happened and ask for advice.

You can't delete things out of other peoples email accounts unless you have access and delete permissions, but in any case that isn't the right approach.

Escalate it immediately, anything else will make you look unprofessional. Good luck, hopefully all the recipients will be tech savvy enough to question the content and not click on any links (or send £1M to a Nigerian bank!)

daisychain01 Fri 02-Jun-17 05:15:37

More like £100 not £1M !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now