Talk

Advanced search

anyone posting a job in Colchester? Help before my kids starve pls

(20 Posts)
Lollipopslife17 Wed 31-May-17 13:37:07

Pls is anyone in the colchester area posting a job? I need a job ASAP pls so that my kids don't go hungry please. I have applied for 1001 jobs but nothing yet and it is making me feel worthless perhaps I am.

Babyroobs Wed 31-May-17 13:51:55

Are you claiming all the benefits you are entitled to - child benefit and child tax credits ? They cannot stop those just because you are struggling to find work.

Lollipopslife17 Wed 31-May-17 20:54:34

I do get child benefits & my child tax credit was cut by over £200 & my DLA stopped after I was issued 7 years ago for life ( stopped because I couldn't get d form back to DWP on time to change to PIP).

Babyroobs Thu 01-Jun-17 17:26:55

Could you apply for PIP again if you are still disabled?

MummyWuks Thu 01-Jun-17 17:39:04

Hi do you drive?
Can you PM me x

daisychain01 Thu 01-Jun-17 18:21:15

If your children are starving, posting on this Board for a job will not help you feed them quicker, honestly. Sorry to be blunt, but I can see it's obviously an emergency.

You need to register with agencies or print out your CV and hand carry them to companies local to you to see if they can help. Indeed.com is a great portal with literally thousands of jobs.

Lollipopslife17 Thu 01-Jun-17 19:18:34

Daisychain01- thanks but don't judge me please. I am not stupid. Just for your information, I have my CV, I have registered with sites such as indeed etc, given out CVs, made calls & gone from shop to shop, company to company etc I have applied for a thousand & one jobs but no luck. So please please don't jump into conclusions.
I posted here out of desperation because I am just beginning to think I might be doing something wrong & just to vent out my fraustration because I have no one close to talk to.

MummyWuks, I have just sent you a private message. Thanks

Baby robs, I am currently filling the pip form thanks.

daisychain01 Fri 02-Jun-17 05:00:31

With the minimal information you gave how is anyone expected to know what you've done already? I wasn't judging you but I was suggesting something practical. Good luck (and I do mean that)

MummyWuks Fri 02-Jun-17 11:31:34

Hi, I tried to answer it but MN wouldn't let me for some reason. I was going to offer babysitting for a few hours cash in hand but I'm in Sudbury and don't drive either. Tell me a bit more about the situation.

MummyWuks Fri 02-Jun-17 11:32:21

By the way, you are worthy. We all are. X

Afreshstartplease Fri 02-Jun-17 11:34:10

Op is your ex partner paying maintenance for the children

Emmageddon Fri 02-Jun-17 11:47:13

What sort of jobs are you applying for? Can you offer an ironing service locally? Or clean for people? Good luck and don't despair. Make an appointment at CAB for advice and make sure you are getting everything that you are entitled to. flowers

Lollipopslife17 Fri 02-Jun-17 14:08:29

Thanks all again for your words of kindness and offers. I do appreciate it. I have called another agency again who asked me to come in to register and I am optimistic. Thanks all for cheering me up- I wanted to share my despair with someone but I don't have anyone to discuss this particular issue with but thank goodness for mumsnet.

Shellym13 Fri 02-Jun-17 22:02:42

I run a jobs page on facebook, it doesn't cover your area but perhaps someone has done similar down there. I update it every day with local jobs done of which are immediate start. Try searching on facebook under jobs.
Best of luck to you!

Lollipopslife17 Fri 02-Jun-17 23:10:05

Thanks shellym13.

Does anyone know if a bank would employ some with bad credit rating & payment areas?

Lollipopslife17 Fri 02-Jun-17 23:27:27

Does anyone know if a bank would employ anyone with bad credit rating & payment arrears as a customer service advisor?

Whenwillthesunshine Sat 03-Jun-17 00:23:09

Can you get to Ipswich? NHS 111 have jobs available message me if your interested.xx

daisychain01 Sat 03-Jun-17 05:46:16

Hi lollipops I posted an answer on your other thread smile just realised it's you. Keep looking you'll find something to suit you. Don't give up!

Polomintini Sat 03-Jun-17 07:44:55

I'm afraid banks won't employ people with really bad credit histories. If small and you can prove it is sorted then that will be ok, but any outstanding CCJ's will mean a bank is unlikely to employ you.

I wish you lots of luck, you sound like you are trying everything to find a job

Lollipopslife17 Sat 03-Jun-17 07:58:33

Ok thanks Polomintini, I haven't any CCJ but missed some payments recently. Well, they can only say no & the world won't come to an end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now