Interview last Tuesday, still not heard...

(9 Posts)
Coriander71 Mon 22-May-17 18:55:16

...I haven't got the job, have I?
They said they'd be in touch by the end of the week (last week). I'm reconciled to not getting it, but it would be nice to definitely know.

OP’s posts: |
Kittykatclaws Mon 22-May-17 18:57:09

It's awful waiting to hear back isn't it, have you contacted the agency for feedback?

Coriander71 Mon 22-May-17 19:08:56

Thank you for feeling my pain! It wasn't through an agency; think I will leave it until tomorrow afternoon then send a polite email to HR dept

redexpat Mon 22-May-17 19:50:40

Well you might not be first choice but thats not to say youve been rejected yet. They may have offered it to someone else but if they pass you could be next.

Coriander71 Mon 22-May-17 20:10:34

That's true; that's what makes it worse though - that little chink of hope when I'm trying to be brave and philosophical! Hopefully by this time tomorrow I'll know one way or the other.

EmmaC78 Tue 23-May-17 20:32:23

Did you get any news OP?

Coriander71 Tue 23-May-17 20:51:31

No! I sent an email after lunch (v.polite, said I assumed I hadn't got it but would be grateful for confirmation) - no response so far.

Snapespeare Tue 23-May-17 20:57:28

Is it by any chance a civil Service job, because I also interviewed last tiesday and am reconciling myself to failure and telling myself I can do without working with people who are so rude!

Coriander71 Tue 23-May-17 21:23:07

Sorry to hear you're in the same boat; mine wasn't a civil service job and I finally got an email about 20 mins ago to say that I didn't get the job. I did know this really, but am still gutted. At least I can stop checking my email every five minutes now. I hope you hear soon, and have better news than I did, Snapespeare!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in