Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Any HMRC employees here?

(5 Posts)
Namechangedagain321 Mon 15-May-17 15:02:02

I'm not sure where to turn and HMRC seem oddly unconcerned.

My relative has been working for a company since November. They have messed her around with holiday pay, normal pay and keep getting her tax code wrong.

She asked them to put things right each time and now she's been fired.

When she contacted HMRC to check some details it transpires the employer has not been paying PAYE tax or NICs as per her payslip.

HMRC has asked her to send in payslips and said they can't just take her word for it. In the meantime, they've fired her, owe her money and there's no bloody recourse because she's been there less than 2 years.

I just don't know the next steps to get this properly looked at.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Snap8TheCat Mon 15-May-17 15:05:19

Contacts CAB and ACAS.

Namechangedagain321 Mon 15-May-17 15:05:50

Ok - thanks.

Oliversmumsarmy Mon 15-May-17 15:16:20

If she had a contract i would have thought she could go through the small claims court for what she is owed.

i didn't think being there under 2 years had anything to do with them withholding earned money

Namechangedagain321 Mon 15-May-17 15:26:13

No, you're quite right Oliversmumsarmy - it's more that she was clearly dismissed unfairly because she was close to realising the employer was a crook. I will advise her to go to small claims court.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: