Talk

Advanced search

School hours

(9 Posts)
tink86 Sun 14-May-17 17:53:39

I'm due to start a job at a school at a TA. I'm down to work 12-3. But will I be expected to start earlier and finish later? Thanks in advance

ChessieFL Sun 14-May-17 18:53:00

Surely only your school can answer this!

tink86 Sun 14-May-17 19:14:40

I guess so but just wondering if it was expected from school staff across the board

CaulkheadNorth Sun 14-May-17 19:19:39

Impossible to answer I'm afraid.
In my last school some TAs came in early. Some didn't. Some stayed late. Some didn't.
Some schools pile lots of work onto TAs and give them little release time. Others don't.

A lot of it depends on your personality and your ability to say no!

bigchris Sun 14-May-17 19:21:23

i think those will be your hours. definitely starting at 12 at any rate

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Sun 14-May-17 19:24:11

Ime TAs are paid very close to minimum wage so extra time unpaid is not an option. However, they are expected to attend staff meetings and other additional work by arrangement that is paid as overtime.

Talk to your school about how they do things.

tink86 Sun 14-May-17 20:53:41

Thanks all. Never worked in a school before. I didn't know if it would be frowned upon if I left at three.

soapboxqueen Sun 14-May-17 20:57:46

In my experience TAs work their hours as they are paid by the hour. Teacher staff aren't so they don't. However it will very much depend on the school.

nothingtodotoday Thu 18-May-17 15:10:41

I would expect at TA on those hours to work 12 - 3 and no more. I Would not worry about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now