We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Should I Move or Should I stay?

(6 Posts)
UppityHumpty Fri 28-Apr-17 09:42:53

Have worked in my existing company for over 10 years. Although I know how it works by now, it's always reorganising and it's not always possible to get good quality experience much less promotions/pay rises. Have to apply for and really fight for internal promotions and increases & it's possible I'm probably at the top of my game here.

Should I stay and try and make it work internally or should I now start looking elsewhere? I am considered experienced in my field and so should get a job elsewhere. I'm just really confused. What would you do?

I don't have any over the top benefits.

Millybingbong Fri 28-Apr-17 09:44:47

Why would you stay?

UppityHumpty Fri 28-Apr-17 09:50:41

I know how this company operates, have built relationships, made friends, but there's also a fear of the unknown. I have Sharesave options that I'd lose but tbh I could probably make it up in salary increases. Pension is generous but other companies aren't too different.

tribpot Fri 28-Apr-17 09:58:49

I'm interested to know what you think 'make it work' looks like if you stay where you are. You know for a fact it doesn't work - your opportunities are limited.

I would at the very least start looking around to see what else is out there.

Ten years is a long time to be at one firm, do you think you are just apprehensive about a new place/new situation?

tribpot Fri 28-Apr-17 10:01:38

I cross-posted with you - broadening your network is never a bad thing. It's hard work being the newbie but the trade off is the novelty of new work, a different way of doing things, an ultimately greater experience.

bugaboo218 Fri 28-Apr-17 10:23:30

Go! Why would you stay? Use your skills and energy in an organisation that values you as a person and your work!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now