Talk

Advanced search

Should I Move or Should I stay?

(6 Posts)
UppityHumpty Fri 28-Apr-17 09:42:53

Have worked in my existing company for over 10 years. Although I know how it works by now, it's always reorganising and it's not always possible to get good quality experience much less promotions/pay rises. Have to apply for and really fight for internal promotions and increases & it's possible I'm probably at the top of my game here.

Should I stay and try and make it work internally or should I now start looking elsewhere? I am considered experienced in my field and so should get a job elsewhere. I'm just really confused. What would you do?

I don't have any over the top benefits.

Millybingbong Fri 28-Apr-17 09:44:47

Why would you stay?

UppityHumpty Fri 28-Apr-17 09:50:41

I know how this company operates, have built relationships, made friends, but there's also a fear of the unknown. I have Sharesave options that I'd lose but tbh I could probably make it up in salary increases. Pension is generous but other companies aren't too different.

tribpot Fri 28-Apr-17 09:58:49

I'm interested to know what you think 'make it work' looks like if you stay where you are. You know for a fact it doesn't work - your opportunities are limited.

I would at the very least start looking around to see what else is out there.

Ten years is a long time to be at one firm, do you think you are just apprehensive about a new place/new situation?

tribpot Fri 28-Apr-17 10:01:38

I cross-posted with you - broadening your network is never a bad thing. It's hard work being the newbie but the trade off is the novelty of new work, a different way of doing things, an ultimately greater experience.

bugaboo218 Fri 28-Apr-17 10:23:30

Go! Why would you stay? Use your skills and energy in an organisation that values you as a person and your work!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: