Don't like my new job :(

(7 Posts)
Evvy543 Thu 20-Apr-17 07:00:44

I left my old job for a new job and I'm not keen on it at all.

I'm used to working in a really fast paced environment with a close team.

I find this job boring and no one talks to each other! The most dull group of people I've ever encountered.

I'm really missing my old colleagues sad

Only worked there a few weeks and don't have another job to go to but I feel like quitting already!

ShotsFired Thu 20-Apr-17 07:40:02

If it's so bad, what on earth was the attraction at interview stage?

There must have been something to pique your interest and you must have liked the people you met?

I think you may be living a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy here. You think it's bad and now it's bad. Despite the fact you saw an advert, applied for it, went through the entire recruitment process and then accepted the role, presumably because it seemed like an improvement on your previous job?

Polarbearflavour Thu 20-Apr-17 16:26:35

Give it time and if you still feel this way by the 6 month stage, start looking at other jobs.

bigchris Thu 20-Apr-17 18:50:12

It takes six months to settle into to a new job, give it a bit more time flowers

JeanSeberg Thu 20-Apr-17 21:28:17

I'm in the same position Evvy although for slightly different reasons. I'm trying to put a brave face on and give it time but I just feel tearful, stressed and overwhelmed and like I've made a big mistake.

I feel for you.

Dozer Thu 20-Apr-17 21:31:51

Does it pay lots more?

<hopeful>

Evvy543 Sat 22-Apr-17 15:47:42

It pays more and its closer to home so it's convenient.

I keep finishing all my work by lunchtime though so the rest of the day I've got nothing to do but sit and try and find things to pass the time!

I've tried making conversation with the people I work with and I get nothing back at all.

Part of the reason I enjoy working is for the social aspect as well and it's what keeps me going but here no one wants to engage at all.

Its like a library where no one talks sad

I'm used to working hard and having a laugh at the same time so this is a really different dynamic.

I'm going to give it chance as I've got no other options at the moment anyway and I wouldn't want to just leave them in a mess after they've been good enough to offer me the role.

I do feel regretful though sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now