Talk

Advanced search

Stay or go - I miss my babies!

(6 Posts)
Millybingbong Sun 16-Apr-17 22:37:53

I'm 4 months into a 1 year contract. It is 4 days a week and a reasonably senior position. I enjoy it and it is good experience and good for my CV.

But I really miss my babies. I really just want you spend more time with them. I've got this week off and I am already dreading going back next Monday. My 5 yo just really needs me. My 3 yo is going to school in September and my 1 year old is a baby and needs me also

I could do with keeping my career knocking on and we could use the money. I'm also more energetic and I was a bit bored before I went back. But I really don't want to do it . I just love them and they are growing up so fast!

sad

Rinkydinkypink Mon 17-Apr-17 06:47:55

I can't tell you what to do but what i am realising as a previous sahm who is now working a 4 day week in a job frankly I hate and I'm probably going to hand my notice in tomorrow.

You cannot get this time back and my children need me far more now they're getting older. (Primary school age).

I don't want to become the person i need to be to keep my job.

Babyroobs Tue 18-Apr-17 20:43:10

Working 4 days a week with 3 kids under 5 is hard. When I had 3 under 5 I just did 2 days a week and even that was a struggle.
Is there any chance you can look for another job with less hours whilst still bringing in some money ?
I wouldn't advise giving up work completely.

Millybingbong Tue 18-Apr-17 22:06:09

Yes that would be ideal.

Sincelebrating that desperate post of a few nights ago I have decided to try to negotiate either some unpaid leave over the summer or a reduction to 3 days. This job is good for my CV so it would be good to hang on but I would be sooooo much happier on 3 days.

The post is actually a maternity cover so I would kind of have them over a barrel if I said it was 3 days or nothing as it is only until the post holder returns.

More time off over the summer is my primary goal I think though so I am going to start there.

Thanks for comments. It is so hard. I want it all!!!

pollie9 Wed 19-Apr-17 16:30:04

Maybe you can start a business that would allow you a flexibility to take care of your kids while earning money.

Millybingbong Mon 24-Apr-17 06:24:25

Did you hand in your notice Rinky?

I've just read your other post and having not long come out of CP I don't blame you.

I've found a 3 day a week job to apply for. Flexible working. That is what I had before this one and I have woken up early keen to get my application in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now