Talk

Advanced search

Phoning on day off?

(13 Posts)
JustAnotherYellowBelly Thu 13-Apr-17 16:17:51

Can work phone me on my personal mobile on my day off?
Can there be any formal repercussions?

dementedpixie Thu 13-Apr-17 16:28:47

They can phone but you can choose whether or not to answer it. What do they want?

JustAnotherYellowBelly Thu 13-Apr-17 16:38:41

Something really stupid.

Basically my boss is very insecure, her boss left and now she thinks the new boss is trying to get rid of her (which he is but he's doing it the right way).
Boss usually goes against company policy but I'm sticking to company policy and she's mad at me I guess?
So phoned me to ask why I guess?

It will probably involve a meeting after easter.

Am panicking but don't know why

Mum2jenny Thu 13-Apr-17 22:35:01

One of the reasons my workplace does not officially have my personal mobile number! Some colleagues I trust do, but that's all.

bluebelltippytoes Fri 14-Apr-17 06:21:32

What can she do if you don't answer? It's not your contracted day of work.

I would deal with it next week.

If it's something mega urgent like the offices burning down then I'd expect them to leave a message/have to call them back.

marcopront Fri 14-Apr-17 08:08:44

I think it depends on the reason.
I called the person from work who deals with maintenance of my flat on Sunday after my AC unit burst into flames. I called him again last night and today when I had no electricity. He didn't think this was unreasonable and actually came to the flat on Sunday.

No one was hurt in the fire just a lot of mess.

Hassled Fri 14-Apr-17 08:11:19

You don't need to answer - she's pushing her luck. I do get called quite often on my day off but it'll usually be a relatively straightforward yes/no question and they know I don't mind. This sounds very different - just ignore and enjoy your day off.

BarchesterFlowers Fri 14-Apr-17 08:23:05

I sometimes get calls at home both on my mobile and landline.

I have tried to make it very clear that although I love my job I also love my home/family life and that after a long week at work if it can wait it definitely should wait.

The calls have, touch wood, stopped for now.

JustAnotherYellowBelly Sun 16-Apr-17 10:34:34

Haha.
We have to give Boss our mobile numbers "just in case".

Rinkydinkypink Sun 16-Apr-17 10:36:45

My advice is don't answer! Keep your work and family life boundaries firmly in place.

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Sun 16-Apr-17 10:38:48

Just be in some obscure area out of signal when they call.

highinthesky Sun 16-Apr-17 10:42:27

Stop panicking. Leave that your boss and don't get sucked into her battle.

If you're not supposed to be at work, it's NOHFB what you are doing (unless you are breaking the terms of the contract in some other way, in which case she can taken it down the disciplinary route).

JustAnotherYellowBelly Tue 18-Apr-17 08:28:58

Here goes nothing i guess

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now