Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have any inspiring stories about applying and getting a job you think you have no chance of?

(4 Posts)
Conniedescending Sun 09-Apr-17 08:22:27

Just that really. Am looking at next career move - have been stuck on various secondments at level above my permanent post for 3 years but no permanent roles at this grade have come up and in 6 months am facing going back down unless another secondment comes up and I again have to apply for them

However, a permanent post the grade above my seconded one has come up in a different field - aligned and I do have experience in that area but my immediate reaction was I couldn't go for it as not in a current permanent. However - have been doing the role grade below.

I know I could do the job but don't want my application to be laughed at!

Gizlotsmum Sun 09-Apr-17 08:23:30

You have nothing to lose by applying. Make sure you sell your self and who knows

fluffygreenmonsterhoody Sun 09-Apr-17 08:26:36

Go for it. If nothing else you may get an interview which would be a good chance to learn more about that area and what's expected to work in it.

And experience of interviewing at a higher level.

Asmoto Sun 09-Apr-17 08:30:57

Your application isn't going to be laughed at. You have relevant experience and you've been performing day-to-day at the level immediately beIow for three years - that's more than enough to make it a serious application. You could probably benefit from a confidence boost - is there anyone who could mentor you through the application process?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now