Talk

Advanced search

Bugger

(4 Posts)
Mermaidinthesea123 Tue 04-Apr-17 21:35:27

I applied for three NHS professional jobs as I felt like a change of NHS trust thinking I'd get none of them as they were above my current grade/better paid and also as I'm in my late 50s but I thought well the interview experience won't hurt.
I got all three of them!
Now I have to find a way to let the other two down nicely in case I ever need to apply to them again in the future.
What should I say to them, i don't want them to think badly of me and I don't really want to lie either?
Any ideas?

MrsJamin Tue 04-Apr-17 21:59:07

You got offered three jobs? Just state the truth, let them down gently but don't delay, you need to tell them ASAP so they can work out which of the other candidates they would like to appoint instead.

sniffle12 Wed 05-Apr-17 00:26:47

I'm in HR and get turned down all the time; as long as they haven't messed us around, i.e. accepted and then declined, or asked for ages to think about it only to decline, we don't mind. Just take a little time to weigh up which is right for you and then let the other two know that you think that one fits best with your goals/development needs/whatever the reason is.

Congrats, btw!

Mermaidinthesea123 Wed 05-Apr-17 20:47:43

Thank you, that's great. I'll just tell the truth. They only just let me know so I'll decline in writing straight away.
I've accepted one of the jobs and it's perfect.
i wouldn't normally apply for three jobs at once but was so convinced I'd get none of them I thought it wouldn't matter. isn't it always the way!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now