Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Civil service transferring to fixed term?

(6 Posts)
cheekymonk Fri 31-Mar-17 19:18:54

Hi there, just wondered as I am uncertain. I am an EO and have been successful in getting an interview for HEO. It's been done as an external recruitment and is offered on either fixed term for 12 months or secondment. As I am currently a permanent EO I presume I would revert back to EO at the end of the 12 months??! I wouldn't be out of a job completely????
Thank you

cookie75 Fri 31-Mar-17 19:21:21

Yeah I'm sure you'd go back as EO. I'm on 6 months secondment & revert back to original grade at the end of it

Ginmakesitallok Fri 31-Mar-17 19:23:23

Not civil service but nhs. If this was me (and if it wasn't available as a secondment) then either a) I wouldn't be considered for the role at all - I. E. Not allowed to apply, or b) at the end of fixed term I'd go onto our displacement register, so could basically be put anywhere in the organisation. I'd only be able to go back to mu substantive post if they allowed a secondment

cheekymonk Fri 31-Mar-17 19:23:49

Thanks Cookie75 x

cheekymonk Fri 31-Mar-17 19:24:30

That's harsh Gin...

SirNiallDementia Fri 31-Mar-17 19:27:21

If you took it as a fixed term contract your employment with the business would end at the end of the fixed term.

If you took it as a secondment (attachment) you would return to your current role at the end of the secondment.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: