Talk

Advanced search

Have to make a 1 minute video - help!

(6 Posts)
user1481746354 Wed 29-Mar-17 10:24:32

This is a first step in the application procedure after sending cv and cover letter. Video should be 1 minute long and answer the following:

1. Why do you want to work for X and
2. Why X should want you

Do you think they are expecting a talking heads type video or something creative? It is a sales trainee position.

I'm not worried about making the video, just unsure what direction to go in. Has anyone done this/requested this type of thing before?

user1481746354 Wed 29-Mar-17 14:23:54

Has anyone had to do this sort of thing before? I've not even been invited for an interview yet so it seems that this is some sort of selection process.

It's a bit unnerving as you are just not sure what they are looking for and how creative or mainstream to be.

I would love to hear from anyone who has any experience of either doing or asking for this type of thing. Thanks smile

marggiegrey Fri 31-Mar-17 09:27:26

when you do this video, try to be confident with straight posture. Wish you luck.

Regards,
writemypersonalstatement.net/personal-statement-writer

NSEA Fri 31-Mar-17 10:34:50

If it were me I would be as creative as possible. Think of unique ways to sell yourself - how about ask old employees and colleagues to say a couple of things about how awesome you are and cut it together. Maybe go:

Intro from you about yourself and why you want the job then say something like 'let your employer speak for themselves and cut to people saying great things about you.

NSEA Fri 31-Mar-17 10:35:32

Film on location too.

NSEA Fri 31-Mar-17 10:36:53

Or....do you have a favourite advert on tv? Can you do a cooy of that but selling you...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now