Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Not paid for bank hours -

(10 Posts)
Pb3444 Mon 27-Mar-17 11:06:24

Hi

Before I did some bank hours I asked which account this would be paid into. I was advised by the FSS office, the same as my substantive post.

I was due £200 24th June and I didn't check I assumed it would go in as advised.

I was then due £200 last Ftiday and I checked. Again not paid.

I only found out about June last Friday.

I am now owed £490

Both monies were paid into an old closed account. I've been told it will bounce back and will go into the correct account.

This did not happen in June so
I am assuming it won't happen this time.

Payrolls response is to sit and wait for it to happen.

Anyone experienced similar and actually received their pay?

We required the extra to pay for a holiday.

Thank you
P

Pb3444 Mon 27-Mar-17 11:16:15

I should have said this is an NHS query.

LIZS Mon 27-Mar-17 11:19:06

Contact the bank , it may be held in a suspense account.

Pb3444 Mon 27-Mar-17 11:22:21

Thank you, I've done this and they have said they bounce it straight back. They aren't holding it.
No support from employer as yet and I have given them this information.
Thank you, just very frustrating.

missyB1 Mon 27-Mar-17 11:23:46

Why did payroll pay this money into an old account? Surely when you notified them of your new account they updated your details? Have they apologised for their cock up? My experience of NHS payroll is that they never seem to take responsibility for their mistakes.
I would contact the bank and try and find out where that money is.

Pb3444 Mon 27-Mar-17 11:26:53

No apology or acceptance of their mistake. Just referred me to outsourced payroll who are being unhelpful.
Thank you

nownownotnow Mon 27-Mar-17 11:28:50

Yes nhs are shit with payroll stuff.

They always seem to default to hr confused

No advice except keep chasing.

HiMyNameIsUnknown Tue 28-Mar-17 03:59:39

Did you move banks or just close one a/c and open a new a/c with the same bank i.e. Still stay with RBS?

The reason is unless you closed and opened the new account by completing CASS the money won't be automatically sent to your new bank account

Pb3444 Tue 28-Mar-17 07:54:21

I moved banks in 2010. My substantive post has the correct details.

Still no money after a whole day of phone calls however I have had an apology from the FSS office for giving me the wrong information to start with.

Now in talks with the payroll manager , fingers crossed.

Pb3444 Fri 14-Jul-17 11:33:32

Thank you all for your help.

This was resolved. The department in question had the incorrect bank details and hadn't checked when I did some extra shifts, despite me asking them if they had the right details at the time.

So, I had a lovely pay out , s year after I did the shifts, but a lovely surprise all the same.

It definitely pays to keep an eye on your bank statement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now