Talk

Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Can I contact again?

(5 Posts)
gossipgirlxo Tue 21-Mar-17 12:52:48

I went for an interview on the 10th March and they said they would be making there decision on the 17th March and will let me know either way. I sent an email after the interview thanking them for the interview and if they needed any more information about my self to contact me etc. Could I contact them again to see if they've made a decision? If so what should I say?

gossipgirlxo Wed 22-Mar-17 08:01:59

Any help?

HerOtherHalf Wed 22-Mar-17 08:05:23

Why not, what's the worst that can happen? If they are considrring you for the role they are hardly going to bin you for a polite follow up email. If they did, would you want to work for them anyway?

Daisymay2 Wed 22-Mar-17 08:16:14

You might find you are their second choice and they are waiting to hear from the other person. It is fairly common in the public sector. I would probably ring and ask for feedback. It's quite common. I had a cracking shortlist recently, would have been happy with any of them. Each rang and asked how to improve for next time. Mind you I had another interview when 1 person attended and we took some time to decide that he wasn't right. Because we took longer that he thought it should to mull it over he rang and was really rude to the colleague who answered. It confirmed that he was unsuitable for the customer role.

Diamondangel8 Tue 28-Mar-17 16:00:23

Did you get the job? Best wishes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: