Talk

Advanced search

written exercises

(5 Posts)
thisisatempname Sun 19-Mar-17 14:33:56

I have an interview possibly coming up for a promoted post and I've been told it will include a written exercise which I have not done before.

I have been trying to do example written tests online but I am not doing to good at them at all. I run out of time or my answers do not match their answers - I seem to miss important things.

These exercises tend to be more sales/banking type exercises whereas my industry is public sector, so maybe that's part of the reason I'm failing

But I'm still very scared I will fuck up at interview. Interviews I can prepare for but a written exercise just seems really unnecessary and stressful.

Any advice and tips would really be appreciated.

StealthPolarBear Sun 19-Mar-17 14:38:40

It sounds like the online tests you're doing a very different and not helpful.
is there a reason you think you can prepare better to give verbal responses than written one

MuchasSmoochas Sun 19-Mar-17 14:39:48

Don't panic! You can do this. But I think we need to know more about the job you are applying for? The written exercise will probably be relevant to the tasks you are expected to do? Tel us more.

ChuckDaffodils Sun 19-Mar-17 14:43:15

I got a job recently because of a written test. The interview was horrendous but I knocked the others out of the park in the test.

thisisatempname Sun 19-Mar-17 14:58:58

It will be a competency based interview others have said and I can think of good examples for different competencies.

I don't know if it will be a case study exercise or an in/etray exercise. I am good at writing, but seemingly not so good at attention to detail! Something I always thought was a strength sad

The role is customer relationship manager - customers being other organisations. But its not a sales role.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now