Talk

Advanced search

Flexible working application, timescales not adhered to.

(5 Posts)
Afo Tue 14-Mar-17 22:42:24

Hello, I submitted a flexible working request in writing to my manager 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. According to my workplace flexible working policy, I should have a meeting with management to discuss the application within 28 days of my application and a decision made within 14 days of that meeting. There hasn't been any meetings arranged and I'm wondering if management are even aware of these timescales (small team). My question is should I ask management for this meeting or should I wait until i hear from them...If they don't hold a meeting within the stated timescale will this somehow give me more "ammunition " later on if my request is turned down?

Would love some opinions thanks flowers

daisychain01 Wed 15-Mar-17 02:45:34

According to my workplace flexible working policy, I should have a meeting with management to discuss the application within 28 days of my application and a decision made within 14 days of that meeting

Keep an eye on dates but ATM they are currently still in compliance if you only put a request in 21 days ago.

It tends to work best if you quote the timescales in your application, i.e. I would appreciate a response within 28 days as per policy xyz on flexible working.

I'd send your manager a brief email at the end of 28 days asking what's happening give them a boot up the bum

Afo Wed 15-Mar-17 07:23:43

Thanks daisy, it was a standard form in the appendix of the policy rather than a letter iykwim, so I didn't state about the 28 days. Thanks.

LobsterMac Wed 15-Mar-17 20:22:25

In my industry the 28 days are working days so just be aware that they may have longer.

SarahOoo Wed 15-Mar-17 20:29:11

Their policy is out of date, legislation on FWRs has changed to three months from the submission of the FWR to the appeal being heard....

m.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1616

This means they are still very very ok timewise. Pop your manager an email to say you haven't heard yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now