Talk

Advanced search

How to deal with a newcomer who is changing structure/positions

(4 Posts)
bionicant Sat 25-Feb-17 22:00:48

I work in the leisure industry and we have recently hired a new manager. He obviously has the MD's ear as the MD is now changing everyone's positions including demoting people.

This new person really has no idea how the place really works as it's off season but he still is having a really bad influence on the main staff who mostly now want to leave.

I am all for change and understand that businesses need to change to survive but feel the boss is disregarding all staff's prior work for the newcomer and I worry that all core staff will leave and even the newcomer will leave leaving chaos.

The core staff are all female and the newcomer is male, the MD is male just to clarify...

daisychain01 Sun 26-Feb-17 03:13:09

Doesnt sound like things are heading in a positive direction.

Until they make a decision that affects your employment though, I'm not sure there is much you can personally do - other than keep your head down and not make waves.

bionicant Sun 26-Feb-17 10:13:39

That's what I'm doing it's so hard though

Allthebestnamesareused Thu 02-Mar-17 17:43:42

It is possible that the MD has brought the newcomer in with the remit that drastic change is needed and therefore the newcomer is doing precisely what he was hired to do.

It is often the case that companies bring in new people to do this so they are not seen directly as the bad guy.

You say you appreciate change is sometimes required. Is there any way you get newbie onside and have a chat about proposed changes etc so you can see where they are coming from?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now