Talk

Advanced search

Grievance upheld

(7 Posts)
user1488040096 Sat 25-Feb-17 16:37:15

My grievance against my manager at work for bullying and harassment was upheld. I received a phone call to say that she was no longer my manager. I then went on 2 weeks holiday. In the 2nd week I heard rumours that I had been sacked. I contacted HR and found out that it was indeed true. The trouble is, I have only worked for the company for 3 months and was on extended probation (which the bully had put me on). Do I have any rights?

LIZS Sat 25-Feb-17 16:42:58

Not unless you have been discriminated against ie, disability or pg. Not a nice way to find put though, definitely query that. Tbh it sounds a poor employer if this has occurred in such a short period of time.

user1488040096 Sat 25-Feb-17 16:47:05

I didnt think that I could anything. I was not discriminated against. The manager was very power happy and bullied not only me but another colleague. When she started on me, I stood up to her and that was my downfall. Everyday she would shout at me even though I had done nothing wrong.

daisychain01 Sat 25-Feb-17 17:17:50

If I were you, I would write to HR (could be by email) and suggest that in view of them upholding your grievance, that the company pays you one month's salary tax-free, in lieu of notice with immediate release from your contract.

Ideally they will confirm in writing, a direct Bank Transfer or cheque for the coming month but with no tax deducted, because it would be an ex gratis payment. You will not need to work with immediate effect, and you at least have a month when you can focus on getting signed up with agencies or applying for work online without having to be at work.

It's probably all you can hope for. They might see it as a way of ensuring a completely clean break. It's better than nothing, but you'd need to be quick about it.

The trouble about raising a grievance when still on probation is that they can pull the rug out from beneath your feet, if you aren't covered by a protected characteristic (which is from Day 1).

Sounds like a lucky escape.

user1488040096 Sat 25-Feb-17 18:39:16

Thanks Daisy. They have offered me one months money with a further month ex gratis payment. I have not been able to go back to the premises that I worked at and I am still waiting to hear how I can give back my work laptop.
I am pleased to be out of this company.

daisychain01 Sat 25-Feb-17 20:57:24

I'd say they've seen you good then, 2 month's is a fair deal. Just feels awful when you're outcast like that. Onwards and upwards

user1488040096 Sat 25-Feb-17 21:11:57

Thanks Daisy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now