Talk

Advanced search

Redundancy while on maternity

(3 Posts)
user1487973941 Fri 24-Feb-17 22:40:44

Hello, I'm still on maternity and have been since August last year, I got made redundant in November due to the company going into Administration. There was no money left in the company as they were in a lot of debt so unfortunately employees redundancies and notice pay have to come from the govemenment :-(, I was planning to return to my job but a few months before I wanted to work a few KIT days a month (can work up to 10 without affecting maternity pay) as I lost my job through redundancy does anyone no if this is something else I could claim for? As this opportunity got taken away from me, any help would be very much appreciated as I cannot find anything online, Louise xx

Koala2 Fri 24-Feb-17 22:59:44

Hi - you can only claim KIT days if you work them, so as you've been made redundant I assume that's not possible.

user1487973941 Fri 24-Feb-17 23:20:28

Thanks Koala2,

Just seems a little unfair I had arranged to work these days and this opportunity was taken away from me, my redundancy is already half of what I should get because some years I worked I was under 22 it doesn't seem fair how if I was just a couple of years older your entitled to more yet I have a baby to look after, rent to pay and a home to run like the majority of people 😔

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now