Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Job interview

(8 Posts)
gossipgirlxo Fri 24-Feb-17 13:54:39

Hello, I have a job interview next Wednesday even though the job is my dream job, I am unsure of the hours. How can I send an email asking about the hours or is it something I should ask in the interview?

Thanks for your help!

Idrinkandiknowstuff Fri 24-Feb-17 13:56:09

Ask in the interview

Foxymagic Fri 24-Feb-17 17:41:40

Don't see why you can't email ahead? If the hours are important to you and they don't match what you want/need, then interviewing may be pointless. I only say that because I once accepted a job offer only to find the start time was 8am, not 9am! Unrealistic for me. Have they sent you a job description? If the hours aren't included, that should give you a good opportunity to go back to them and clarify. It's not an unusual question - I'm of an age where pension is important for me so I won't work anywhere that doesn't have a decent scheme in place. Good luck!

messystressy Fri 24-Feb-17 17:56:04

Ok, I'm clearly in the minority but would wait until after the job interview, as think either party may be willing to be flexible. If they love you, they might be flexible. Or you might love the job, and it changes things for you. As for wasting time, I think each job interview is a great learning experience.

flowery Fri 24-Feb-17 18:52:42

What are you unsure about? How many hours a week it is or the exact times of day they start/finish?

gossipgirlxo Fri 24-Feb-17 19:11:38

The length of day was the DS still only being 2 I don't want to be working too long of days! But happy to work FT 9-5! Would it be rude to ask what hours they are expecting?

LongHardStare Fri 24-Feb-17 19:13:33

Ask in an email for them to clarify the hours. You don't need to let them know that it is an issue for you and it means you won't be worrying about it in the interview.

I had an interview yesterday and similarly had a question about the hours. I decided not to ask in the interview in the end as I don't think I would have been able to hide my disappointment if the answer wasn't what I wanted to hear. I'll now have to wait and see if they offer me the job before I ask. Probably I should have emailed in advance and saved the fussing.

gossipgirlxo Fri 24-Feb-17 19:36:58

How would you ask?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now