Talk

Advanced search

GPS Tracking mobile phone

(5 Posts)
grinchyxmcgrinch Mon 20-Feb-17 09:14:27

Hi, my employer is in the service industry and we have reactive callouts 24/7. During the day when there's no work we can sit at home go out etc as long as we can react to any jobs that come in within 45 mins. During the evenings and weekends it's up to me and the other team members to ensure one of us is on call. (Any jobs booked after 8pm and before 8am are overtime).er all have work issues vehicles and mobile phones.
Our employer wants to use a tracker on our mobile phones so that if another job comes in they can give an approximate arrival time based on our location.

Do I have to allow this?

grinchyxmcgrinch Mon 20-Feb-17 23:46:29

Anybody?

Hisstory Mon 20-Feb-17 23:58:10

I don't know about the legal aspect but could you come to an arrangement that the tracking is only turned on when you are on call? I presume the phone is supplied by your employers?

flowery Tue 21-Feb-17 03:16:58

What's your concern? This is a work phone only being used when you are on call?

Could they put the tracking in your work vehicles instead?

Pseudonym99 Sun 05-Mar-17 21:32:10

Can't they just ask you how long you'll be when they contact you? Can't you keep the GPS function switched off? Are they paying you while you're on call?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now