Talk

Advanced search

Wanting a New Job, but Currently on Flexible Working Contract

(5 Posts)
worriedworker85 Sun 19-Feb-17 21:46:07

I am currently on a flexible working agreement, that is pretty nonnegotiable due to childcare issue.

I am desperate for a new job. The environment I currently work in is toxic.

How do I go about applying for other posts, with the need to keep to my current agreement?

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Sun 19-Feb-17 23:59:05

I was in the same boat OP. Did well at interviews but when it came to requesting a modicum of flexibility or slightly reduced hours it was a no-go.

I quit that sector entirely and i am now retraining.

animaniac Mon 20-Feb-17 00:03:42

I'm in the same position. All you can do is apply for other jobs and see what hours/flexibility they are able to offer you. If one employer can do it, chances are another one can/will as well, it's just a matter of finding one.

flowery Mon 20-Feb-17 08:22:46

How close are your hours to full time currently? Your best chance is to apply for jobs where the advertised hours match your current hours as closely as possible. A new employer is more likely to be flexible for a new starter who hasn't proved herself if what she's asking is not that big a change from what they have advertised.

EggysMom Mon 20-Feb-17 18:14:18

Any chance of making your current environment less toxic?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now