Talk

Advanced search

Telephone Interview

(7 Posts)
dollybird Sun 19-Feb-17 21:00:14

I've been offered a telephone interview next week, and I'm not sure what to expect - the agent said it would most likely be a chat, but it will be for 30 minutes. I'm not sure whether it will be like a normal interview with the usual question, just over the phone. Just trying to get a feel for how to prepare.

Watto1 Sun 19-Feb-17 21:02:11

One tip I was given was to dress smartly and sit at a table, rather than loll about on the sofa in your pjs! It did make me feel more professional.

dollybird Sun 19-Feb-17 21:05:55

Watto - good tip! smile

Obv that should read 'questions' in my OP!!

Bobbybobbins Sun 19-Feb-17 21:08:40

I had one of these before. I would say - don't be afraid to take a short pause before you answer a question as without the usual body language, facial expressions, appearance etc, you are relying on what you say and how you say it to make the impression.

Scribblegirl Sun 19-Feb-17 21:10:30

A tip from a former telemarketer - smile. I know they can't see you but you genuinely can hear the difference between someone who is smiling and someone who isn't!

ILovePandas Sun 19-Feb-17 21:15:13

Telephone interviews are great. Write down bullet points that you want to get across and have this in front of you along with a copy of your CV which I would annotate/highlight your best bits. Treat it as a normal interview and be prepared. There are some excellent YouTube videos you can watch which I found helpful. Good luck.

Lazybeans50 Sun 19-Feb-17 21:16:06

I would prepare for the usual style interview questions so that you are not wrong footed when they ask something like 'so what can you bring to this job' etc by expecting just to have a chat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now