Talk

Advanced search

Been treated badly during my redundancy process

(4 Posts)
Nimo13 Fri 17-Feb-17 00:02:26

I happily worked for a company for many yrs and then I was told I was being made redundant. The HR manager messed me around at every hurdle, giving me wrong information, ignoring my emails, saying they had phone trouble and email problems which is why they weren't keeping me updated. Ignoring my appeal of my figures. I want to walk away as I still have to deal with them in my new role but part of me doesn't want the HR manager to do to me what she did to others. I have some evidence but not everything. What should I do. I feel mistreated by the HR manager. I feel intimidated about speaking to someone in case it ruins my relationship with the company which I want to maintain. Any advice most welcome

daisychain01 Fri 17-Feb-17 06:25:48

If you have to still deal with them, I don't see what can be gained.

I suppose you could write down everything you aren't happy about, book a meeting with the HR person and talk through it, or send it to them by email if you would find it uncomfortable to do in person.

What outcome are you looking for?

Ifailed Fri 17-Feb-17 06:36:04

I take it your new role is with an other employer, but in the same field? It can be difficult balance, to not get a reputation as 'difficult', but to do the right thing for others.

What's you relationship with HR at your new company? If it's good, why not arrange for a coffee or something with someone from there and seek their advice, take along a written, impartial, record of events. Of course, there is a risk that they may be be friendly with your previous HR manager.

omnishamblesssssssssssssss Fri 17-Feb-17 06:37:40

Log everything then decide

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now