Talk

Advanced search

Sexual Harrasment at work

(2 Posts)
hadenoughstartagain Thu 16-Feb-17 18:15:54

I have been sexually assaulted twice in my workplace as well as bullied and had to listen to very sexual content from a work college for a number of months until I eventually completely broke down and reported it.

Since then things have spiralled out of control. I cant go to work, im being questioned about my relationship with the person I have reported and im a complete nervous wreck, depressed and feel im about to have a breakdown.

I feel let down by work, and although I should have said something I was terrified of this man. There was times he spoke of murder!!

I have been off work for a number of weeks but I want this whole investigation done with. My worry is I don't feel I can go back to work now regardless and I don't know where to go from here?

Any advice welcome.

daisychain01 Fri 17-Feb-17 06:38:52

If you have been signed off by your GP, then you can stay off work for now and wait to see if the outcome of your grievance investigation is successful. At least you can somewhat detach yourself for now, but the stress and uncertainty must be overwhelming for you, so sorry.

Hopefully they will find that monster guilty of misconduct and deal with it so you can return to work. If you have already given your side of the situation, all you can do is wait to see what action the company takes. Don't resign.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now