Talk

Advanced search

Quitting job after 6 weeks

(9 Posts)
dancingqueen345 Mon 13-Feb-17 19:24:23

I've just relocated back to my hometown and started a new job at a national firm.

Problem is, I think my job hunt was focussed more on just the location rather than the actually job, and now 6 weeks in I've seen another job here that is absolutely perfect that I want to apply for.

Has anyone quit a job so soon in and have any words of advice?

Part of me thinks sod it, it's my life and I can't stay somewhere for fear of disappointing a firm that wouldn't bat an eyelid, but I also know what a faff it would be for my small team.

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Mon 13-Feb-17 19:25:25

You've got to do what is best for YOU! Go for it!

DailyMailDontStealMyThread Mon 13-Feb-17 21:44:03

You are right, they wouldn't bat an eye lid and you need to think of yourself first and do what is right for you.

Good luck

RNBrie Mon 13-Feb-17 21:46:15

Apply. You have nothing to lose. Save the angst for when you're offered the job and actually have to resign!!

Missbohan Mon 13-Feb-17 21:49:17

Go for the other job - 6 weeks is better than 6 months because eventually you can leave it off your cv entirely. People leave all the jobs for loads of reasons so I think just be upfront if you get an offer - it was an amazing opportunity etc etc and you are looking to settle into the right role which is x job i.e. New job. You don't owe any loyalty to anyone but yourself - if you get the option of something that will make you happier then do it.

NarkyMcDinkyChops Mon 13-Feb-17 21:50:41

6 weeks is better for them than 6 months as well, they may well have a second choice who could still be available, people haven't settled in with you yet.
Just be honest and try not to burn bridges.

WineCheeseSleep Mon 13-Feb-17 21:52:19

Agree with the other posters, go for it. For the sake of a bit of an awkward time I think you'd regret it if you didn't.

dancingqueen345 Mon 13-Feb-17 22:39:18

Thanks all, have sent the application!!

Think I just needed a bit of reassurance that I wasn't being completely foolish.

Missbohan Mon 13-Feb-17 23:46:22

Defos not being foolish! Best of luck flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now