Talk

Advanced search

Part time counter offer made!!!

(5 Posts)
user1486719965 Fri 10-Feb-17 09:53:45

Hi,

I have been working in a full time role for the last 2 years and found a great part time opportunity. I handed in my notice and at first it was accepted. A week later my employer said...."why don't you continue as a consultant with us too as we dont want to lose you?? I said ok I will try and help out as a consultant along with my new job as much as I can (make some extra cash!!)....2 weeks later my boss asks me....why dont you stay on with us as a part time employee as we don't want to lose u and a new part time position can be arranged after doing some team restructuring and we really value you, great employee, etc.....it sounds like a great counter offer....should I stay on and take it up or leave and join the new place!!!?!?!?

Mrsdarcyiwish10 Fri 10-Feb-17 10:39:18

I think it depends if you really like your job or are looking for a new challenge. They are being really flexible and it must make you feel great to be that wanted.

user1486719965 Fri 10-Feb-17 12:54:28

Thanks Mrsdarcyiwish10...guess u are right...the work is great and I do enjoy it...just a bit stressed!!! 😔

daisychain01 Fri 10-Feb-17 13:47:17

I would check your contractual obligations to your main employer. You may be breaching your contract if you are taking paid employment from an additional company which would give them the right to terminate if so.

user1486719965 Fri 10-Feb-17 14:10:27

Good point thanks daisychain01....will check and see there are no such clauses in the employment contract and speak to my new employer about this and if my contract does not allow this then won't go for this arrangement...don't want to risk anything and want to follow all the rules! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now