Talk

Advanced search

Help me with US time zones for phone interview

(5 Posts)
Pollyanna9 Thu 09-Feb-17 07:16:48

Hi all

Got a lead on a job where the parent company is US based.

The woman has said to me can we talk to you: "early am PST (late afternoon your time) on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday next week? I have 7am PST on Monday open and can be flexible on Thursday and Friday early am as well".

So I just add 8 hours right so it would be 3pm UK time - just want to be sure - be a bugger if I missed the call!!!

HandbagFan Thu 09-Feb-17 08:04:45

Yup. Sound right.

I work in a global role and always found this site useful...

www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

Pollyanna9 Thu 09-Feb-17 08:11:58

Cheers Handbag!

mumsiedarlingrevolta Thu 09-Feb-17 08:18:06

If you have an iPhone (and I assume other types) there is a world clock under the clock app which you can add places to so you can keep track of what time it is wherever you need to.
Good luck!!

Pollyanna9 Thu 09-Feb-17 09:01:08

Thank you!!

Not sure if it's for me or if I'll even get it but I think my overt and genuine enthusiasm for their products which are within the 'IT innovation in healthcare' sector which I really really find exciting and interesting. It would be a complete switch with targets (it's sales) and it's that enthusiasm has been enough to get me a phone interview.

We'll see how it goes but it's the first one where someone has so proactively come back to me wanting to speak to me. And to the backdrop of the god knows how many applications that I've sent that never get a reply it's one positive beacon in a sea of employment blackness!

Yes you're right Mumsie, the world clock is there on android as well - good tip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now