Talk

Advanced search

Mistake on job application

(3 Posts)
Wineloffa Wed 08-Feb-17 14:48:25

I have a job interview next Thursday for an internal position which I really want. It's a sales job and on my application form, I put down my total sales achieved for the past year to demonstrate how capable I am. However, I was going through my figures today and realise that I've accidentally put the wrong figure in the form! My final 2 campaigns for last year were handled by a new member of staff to alleviate my workload however their figures were included in the year end total - so I've £350k on the form when it should read £320k!

The question is what do I do now? Do I contact HR and explain beforehand what's happened? Do I mention it in the interview or say nothing at all?? I don't want them to think I've lied, it's a genuine mistake!!
But
Any HR people about who can advise?

Allthebestnamesareused Wed 08-Feb-17 15:28:59

Just mention it when you get there, I think.

Just say exactly what you just said. When I was rereading my CV prior ro this interview I realised that two projects I handed over have been included in my figures the £350k should be £320.

Wineloffa Wed 08-Feb-17 15:55:38

Thank you. Honesty is the best policy and the people on the panel are aware of these projects so will hopefully understand what an easy mistake it is to make.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now