Talk

Advanced search

Second interviews - what to expect and how to prepare

(4 Posts)
IToldYouIWasFreaky Wed 08-Feb-17 11:08:17

I had a first interview for a job last week. It's with a smallish firm and my interview was with the HR person and person I would be reporting into. I did my usual preparation of making sure that I had responses to the usual competancy based questions and researched the company etc.
The interview itself was not tough and I knew I did well and I have been invited back to meet the MD this week grin

They've not asked me to prepare anything or given me any guidance so I am not sure how I should prepare really! Just go over all my answers again? Anyone got any good 2nd interview tips?

daisychain01 Wed 08-Feb-17 12:46:58

Do some specific research about the company and the industry sector specifically wrt the relevance of your role and what your value add will be. Wow them with your thought process of how you personally want to add-value to their bottom line

Also what do you want to know about before you start. Culture? Work practices you need to be aware of if they didn't cover that in Interview 1

IToldYouIWasFreaky Wed 08-Feb-17 16:57:16

Thanks Daisy! It's a new role so I was able to do lots of good "value add" stuff at first interview but I should be able to do more.

And I do need to do a bit more research on their customers and competitors, thank you for the reminder1

Mermaidbutmytailfelloff Wed 08-Feb-17 17:07:12

you can also look up the MD - has he commented on anything publically, what does his linkedin profile say, what is he passionate about and make sure you have at least a view on it.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now