Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Deducting hours from me

(4 Posts)
becca1611 Tue 07-Feb-17 19:48:51

I have been with my work place for 26 months. It's in a pre school with an out of school club and breakfast club facility available. I took on a contract of 30 hours however work 5 days a week totalling about 40 hours a week. I never upped my contract as we also run a holiday club through the school holidays and I never wanted to work more than the 30 hours during the holidays. In term time I work 5 breakfast clubs and 5 day sessions and two out of school clubs. They have recently become 'over staffed' on one of the day sessions and have asked if I will be willing to take the morning off. I have said no as this will mean me loosing 16 hours a month which I can't afford to lose. I am 20 weeks pregnant and now feel they are doing this as it will obviously effect my maternity pay. Do I have a leg to stand on? Can they make me take the morning off when I have always worked the hours I work since starting? sad

user1485778793 Tue 07-Feb-17 21:38:27

Woah. They can't do that. It's constructive dismissal to change your working hours while pregnant? Have they asked everyone to reduce their hours or just you?

user1485778793 Tue 07-Feb-17 21:44:40

Join a union if you can they will be able to give you a rep and lots of legal advice

daisychain01 Wed 08-Feb-17 03:27:55

If you are contracted 30 hours a week, but actually work 40 hours a week, how is that taking 16 hours away from you?

I'd have a formal conversation with your manager to agree exactly what hours you are officially meant to be doing and how the change they are proposing will actually affect your pay.

user148 please don't cite constructive dismissal, it isn't relevant here, certainly not yet (probably never!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now